Home Forums Bug reports PKR touts inclusivity with slew of new party members, but analysts say this need

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

PKR touts inclusivity with slew of new party members, but analysts say this needs to go beyond a cosmetic exercise

Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) has slotxoดาวน์โหลด introduced a slew of new party members, including religious scholars and celebrities, as preparations for elections kick into gear.

While party leaders are heralding the move as part of PKR’s inclusivity narrative, experts interviewed by CNA said that this group will need to pull their weight and speak for the party in order for the attempt to pay off.

Earlier this month, 15 Islamic leaders including scholars and a Syariah court chief judge joined the party’s Negeri Sembilan chapter. Among them was a state assemblyman who used to be with Parti Islam Se-Malaysia (PAS).

Speaking at a press conference on Apr 11 to introduce the new members, party chief Anwar Ibrahim said he has faced questions regarding the sudden surge of Islamic leaders joining the party.

“We are not a regular political party. This is a movement to bring good. It is not to sharpen the enmity between parties or between religions and races. It is just about claiming justice for everybody equally,” he said.

In a Facebook post on Apr 12, Mr Anwar added: “(They) have the experience and the ability in a variety of disciplines and fields which they have mastered. I believe their participation will inject a new spirit for Keadilan.”

“I am optimistic and I believe that it would fill and improve the spirit of enabling reform and proving Keadilan as the platform for all, including professionals, artists, religious scholars and others,” the Port Dickson Member of Parliament (MP) said.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.